3v3 Tournament Rules

1234

3v3 Tournament Rules

Aragorn
Administrator
This post was updated on .
All the matches will be held only on GameRanger on V1.06(As Decided by voting)

If there are any problems with the rules, I can and will fix it because I am the admin. of the tournament because sometimes rules can be incapable, especially for timing issues.

(If team 1 is not available at the official time, then they have to play their games against team 2 till Friday). The admin. will be online during the tournament to organize everything. However, every match can be played at any time if both teams agree on it.

No abusive are to be used that directly hurts a team or its member.It can cause you banned from tournament

The tournament will be on a League basis.

No Mods supported.

All replays have to be posted by the winner, no replay reveals 0 points.(It must be uploaded in the forum for review)

Minimum 3 , maximum 5 member of teams(you can keep players in backup)

All games will start with the initial resource of 1000 and commandpoint factor of 1x.

There are 2 matches between every team. The first match will be hosted by one team in any map(No Custom Map) they want and spot preference by the other team and then in the next match other team selects map and the 1st team gets spot preference and in case there is a tie the tiebreaker map will be selected by the team who pawns his opponent faster in previous two games.(ALL MATCHES WILL BE REVIEWED AND NO REPLAY=NO POINT)

Every single Match reveals 2 points for the winner.

All matches will be Random mirrors(Everyone Selects Random Army).

There will be a topic for every Group(A-B-C-D). All games should be arranged there, so everybody can see it (no pm, no ig, no msn etc).

Number of teams will be decided by the number of players joining(Maximum 20/Minimum 8)

All players can be member of only 1 team.

A team can use their extra player if their member doesn't show up on hour.

If there is no report of the game, no team gets points.Then u have to play that game again

If there is a bug at Start, save replay and re the game as same armies.If you have extra Farm/Bs/Furnace/S.House as a bug, u have to say that other team save replay and re the game(same armies).If admins see that bug in replays, u will lose that match

If someone DCs, u can ask the other team to re. If they don't agree u have to play on.If they agree ,teams will play as same armies

If there is out of sync error rematch (90% is won then no re)

AFTER a player has been defeated, he has to quit the game.This is so important. No quitting before, no spy

Every team needs to have 1 good host , if they don't other team will be hosting and if no team has good host they may ask in the forum for host.

You have to follow this in game else it will make your team lose.

If one player gets defeated he must leave within 8 seconds else his team is DEFEATED.The opponent team must notice it else its their fault.

No Ring Hero and Custom heroes

You can not Buy or use Glorfindiel.

No Eagle from Fort ( though u can summon from PPs )

Using Blade master or slayer on fort(No Gimli/Aragorn with red sword on fort) no WK on fort at all.

No fire with Corsairs at all, no matter for buildings or units.

No Glitches ( Gorkil Glitch, Nazgul Glitch, e.t.c. )

Battle Wagons are not allowed to enter the Mineshaft(Its a glitch)

Siege hammers upgrade is not allowed.

Max 2 battle wagon (no matter what upgrade)

No corrode allegiance on Balrog.

No use of Inns at all but Outposts can be used.

No Goblin throw with cave trolls on fort (should be free to use against anything else)

No Troll Spam (Max 4 trolls of any kind except drummer troll)

Having more than 1 fortress is forbidden.

Having more than 3 hero is forbidden.

Having more than 2 nazgul is forbidden

No Towers at all ( though u can build them on Fortress, just like wall hubs on them, also u can summon a tower for dwarf from 10 PPs magic).

Please inform us if you want to include anything.

Any query please post in Reply.

Which Patch Version do you prefer?

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

colakki
1.06, as you would get far more people to play. 1.08 people would also play 1.06 because they know it, but there are people who dont have 1.08 and dont know how to play it, like 1.00, who wouldnt play at all if its 1.08. thats why 1.06 is the better idea

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

Aragorn
Administrator
Thanks for your opinion we will take that into consideration

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

Sabbather
So guys in case the choice will be 1.06, I wrote down some of the rules which people consider as "lame", my list is neither complete, nor final. some of them might be removed, some may be added, "Aragorn" will do the rest. I'm just uploading a "Skeleton".

1. No Gimli/Aragorn with red sword on fort, no WK on fort at all.
2. No Glorfindel at all.
3. No Eagle from Fort ( though u can summon from PPs )
4. No more than 2 Battlewagons with men of dale.
5. No Towers at all ( though u can build them on Fortress, just like wall hubs on them, also u can summon a tower for dwarf from 10 PPs magic)
6. No fire with Corsairs at all, no matter for buildings or units.
7. No Ara+Gendy+Boro.
8. No Glitches ( Gorkil Glitch, Nazgul Glitch, BW Glitch e.t.c. )
9. No outpost elves for MoTW.
10.No Gob Throw on fort with Cave Trolls.

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

jetleo1111
Little strict on the IG rules don't you think? the whole point of a 3 v 3 is so you use what's available. As long as no hacks or mods then it should be fine.

As for patch versions - 1.06 is good seems to work with multiplayer compared to versions 1.07 and 1.08 for some reason doesn't let me play multiplayer even though the other person is on the same patch.

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

albius1986
This post was updated on .
Hello guys, i'm sorry about my english, i'll try to explain my opinion...
I guess that Weather hills, first map is bad... because who'll stay on the top, will take benefit... so if you would like to make Weather Hills, you have to make it 2 times... on the Top for each team.

Also we can fight in Rhun or Dargorlard so there aren't problems about who stay on the top...

About other rules i think that you should add:
Men: can't recruit at all special units (i can't remember the name... the troops that you can make if you take a building)
No ara red or Gimli on fort.
NO more than 2 wagons for dwarf.
No eagle. only PP (like towers)

Cya see u in game :*

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

Lurtz27lp
I think playing on 1.06 is not that good. Because there are lots of things considered as lame. And we can only discus these rules for ages here. On the other hand in 1.08 just one rule no 2nd fort! That's all. But people are always too lazy to learn new patches so they will insist on playing 1.06.

Anyway if it is gonna be 1.06 I may make some recommendations to the rules:

No glitches (nazgul,goblin king,battle wagon etc.)
No Fort Eagle
No Hero spam (3 heroes max)
No blade master or slayer on fort
No Glorfindel
No more than 2 battle wagons (doesn't matter what upgrade they have)
Definitely no siege hammers (One of the biggest lames, u can take a lightly defended fort with one battalion of guards in seconds! Ridicilous!)
No Troll Spam (Max 4 trolls except drummer troll)
No Goblin throw with cave trolls on fort
No more than 2 Nazguls
No 2nd fort
No Towers except summon powers or fort extensions
No Corrode Allegiance on Balrog (One of the biggest mistakes of the version)
No fire bomb with corsairs
No Inn units of any kind (not only elven warriors, OP wildmen and cheap corsairs also give too much advantage even the peasants give elves what they lack)
No Heroic Charge on fort (Some people think it's not lame but i see no difference with this and blademaster or slayer on fort. It's nearly unstoppable in most stiuations)
No 2nd use of oil casks (They recharge insanely fast and make fort invincible to melee) I think first use of oil casks,boiling oil and lava pour not lame as they can be avoided if u are careful enough though.)

Now you see why 1.06 is not good for a tournament?

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

Sabbather
You mean Glorious Charge by saying "Heroic Charge" ? and about oil, what you said does not really make sense, so when player purchases it, he can use it once and then for the rest of the game, never use it again? You can't exactly give someone timers, like "use it only once every 2 minutes". so I guess it should be either accepted or forbidden.

When everyone says no more than 3 hero, you should include exact match of ara+boro+gandy, otherwise, I don't think 3 naz is more overpowered, than those 3 together. even with their expensiveness.

btw, about Siege Hammers and Troll Spam, 95% of people who are considered as GPs use them freely. so "Aragorn", before adding those rules, you should hear the opinions of some other people, but us.

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

Aragorn
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I see your point ....i can include that no (ara+gandy +boro) together....bu cant include cave troll forbidden because in late game when forts are upgraded with towers ypu may need a long range trolls...but i can include maximum of 1cave troll...ok. with that?and lurtz... by charge attack do you mean theoden charge attack??

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

ValheruGR
This post was updated on .
The thing I dont understand about these rules is that technically 75% of 106 should be banned. So your left with a whopping 25% of game content to use. But then of course you cant even play. All these items below are so broken. People should honestly take the time to learn 108 so that you dont have to deal with so much imbalance and game breaking stuff. And most of all, there is no rules, because it was baalnced over 7 years and we eliminated every possible imbalance in the game. Plus a massive host of other benefits. We even fixed corrode allegiance on Balrog as Lurtz mentioned above. You can also pick whatever faction you want because we balanced all of them, the only major imbalance left is host advantage which can be worked around by neutral hosts. There is literally no imbalance left in the game. Of course I appreciate that you cannot simple ban everything in the game, or there is no game left, but 106 is just that disgusting that its hard to draw the line on what can and cant be used. By the way Lurtz has seriously hit the nail on the head, people are lazy and dont want to learn new patches, I think its time people moved on from 106.

Anyway next tournament ill offer a nice cash prize but under the condition its played on 108.

Thankyou for your efforts Aragorn, and good luck

-Wildmen Summon-banned. This spell is way more OP than ara/boro due to the time it comes in the game and how retarded its structural damage is
-Ent summon/eagle summon - banned
-Earthquake should be banned
-Balrog should be banned-guaranteed fort kill even with fortress armor
-Dragonstrike should be banned-guaranteed fort kill
-Battlewagons with MoD-banned
-Spider Riders-banned
-Cave Trolls-banned
-Ban Aragorn
-Ban Nazgul
-Ban Witchking
-Ban any mounted hero harassment
-Ban Boromir
-Ban hobbit summon
-Ban Soldiers of Gondor
-ban Corsairs with forged blades
-Ban devastation

And to quote Lurtz, ' No Heroic Charge on fort (Some people think it's not lame but i see no difference with this and blademaster or slayer on fort. It's nearly unstoppable in most stiuations) '

Glorious Charge doesnt match the tooltip. EA used the BFME1 stats which are 200% bonus damage and 99% armor, yet the tooltip in bfme2 just says they take reduced amounts of damage. That is why its so utterly overpowered. Once again this was also fixed in 108.

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

Sabbather
One can not simply disagree with your point, but there is another side of the story. if only 3 teams are up for 1.08, and 16 teams up for 1.06, I don't think it's smart to play your patch, however greater it might be.

and "Aragorn" do not ban cave trolls, only gob throw. cause gob would have no chance in early game, what else can they do against dwarf or men spam? gob still underpowered in early game, if players are equal level ofc.

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

ValheruGR
I quote

'if only 3 teams are up for 1.08, and 16 teams up for 1.06, I don't think it's smart to play your patch, however greater it might be'

Thankyou for proving my point. Thats exactly the mindset that prevents people from using a superior patch. Its the 'im not going to play a better patch til everyone else is' argument. Its quite simple really, lead by example, start small and gather more players. Once people try it ive no doubt they will want to keep playing. It is infact smarter to play a better patch, its self-explanatory. Short term, maybe a few weeks, sure, it might be difficult to learn a new patch, but long term, no, of course its better to adopt a better patch, because we dont get in these stupid discussions about what needs to be banned, everyone can enjoy better balance, 45 new maps, and a plethora of benefits that 106 simply doesn't possess.

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

ValheruGR
This post was updated on .
Also Aragorn, if I were you, and it ends up on 106 which it probably will, I wouldnt ban anything. There are just too many aspects of 106 that are disgustingly overpowered. Fort Eagle for example is nowhere near as op as Wildmen Summon, if you compare the relative times that they appear in the game. Also why Ban Fort Eagle but allow the summon? Fort Eagle cost money, summon can be achieved via lame camping strategies and has more power then a lot of Tier 4 powers and every single Tier 3 power. And of course its going to be subjective and as you have seen people ask for different rules. See my point? I would just make no rules what so ever. Shit balance is shit balance and 106 is completely riddled with it. And just as a quick FYI, 108 has fixed around 500 bugs, so technically, if you make a rule list, you need to add exceptions for 500 bugs that arent allowed to be used. Cool huh?

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

Aragorn
Administrator
Well Val i pretty much agree with you...but i gave people to make the choice...and they made 1.06 so i cant help with that....and as you know in 3v3 getting teams are difficult and 8% of the community plays 1.08 60% plays 1.06 and the rest 1.00...so i can not organize 3v3 in 1.08 against the vote of people....:( i really wanted to do it in 1.08 i too liked it and its maps....and its the best patch till now....no doubt about that...

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

ValheruGR
Its all good man, I appreciate your intent. Ill quit polluting your thread :)

Good luck & have fun.

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

Aragorn
Administrator
No no its not a big deal at all....we will surely make 1v1 tournament with 1.08....i will be with you....

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

Doge
This post was updated on .
C'mon, aragorn + boromir + gandalf isn't lame. You can stop is so easily with every army. Every army has its unit/hero to stop this. Also, troll spam isn't lame. I mean how many resources does that cost? Having 6 trolls roughly costs you about 3600 resources, without calculating the value of the fissure itself. If somebody is able to build is, the enemy deserves this way of treatment. With that many resources you can easily have enough units to stop this or maybe just have an 3000 hero. Goblin throw indeed should be banned, thats just way too powerful. And for the oil from the fortresses, you should be able to use it as much as you can. If you don't want to have your units to die, simply make ranged units or siege weapons. The rest of the rules which were made at first look pretty good. One last question, is camping allowed? Nobody seemed to mention this and I know a lot of people hate it.

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

Sabbather
Doge, I agree with your points, except the first one, ara+boro+gandy is way lame, gandy best at killing lots of units, ara best at killing single strong unit, and boro for arranging it, I mean stopping the army, you leave any army chanceless in later game. and about camping, I don't see it as a big deal, bfme2 is not a place for campers, they never win, now that towers are not allowed, it's even less effective. so it's not a big deal, at all.

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

Doge
Well shouldn't grima, saruman and lurtz be banned too? I mean this is at least as good as the men trio. Saruman is even better than gandalf at killing units (considering gandalf will not reach level 10 because that rarely happens). Lurtz can simply disable every hero he wants, and then unleash his massacre (bloodbath). Grima can easily make the units and heroes weaker and slower, making them unable to run away. And because he levels up very fast, he will be likely to reach level 10 in late game which makes him even better. Now isengard can disable 3 of the 2 heroes, and lets say you would temporary disable aragorn and gandalf, what can boromir do? If you want to ban the men trio, you have to ban far more trio's cause in anybody's hands these combinations can be very powerful. There are enough ways to stop the men trio, if you just know about them. Here are more examples:

Try Haldir's level 9 power on aragorn.
Try Shelob's level 6 power on any hero (yes, even flying heroes).

I think I got a replay of both, so if you want to see them in a replay I send you the replays. (They probably are very long so sorry for that)

Re: 3v3 Tournament Rules

Sabbather
Well, for the obvious reasons, I really should not answer to that :)
1234